As a Scarlett Cunningham customer, your privacy is exceptionally important to us. We allocate our focus and time to ensuring we protect your personal information and we improve ways to secure and safeguard your personal information. When purchasing from and sharing information with Scarlett Cunningham label and our parent organisation the Austieng Group.
1. Our Commitment to your Privacy
To protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available at the footer menu of our website where personally identifiable information may be requested, at all times.
4. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, of if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we handled any privacy matter, please contact us on email@example.com.
5. Personal Information We Collection
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name. If you sign up to purchase a Product, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card) and we ask you to select your jurisdiction.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as client service enquiries.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of our Services and Site. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our Site, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, presence settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the our Products (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services or Products and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
- Other information you submit to us directly, through Third Party Services if you use a Third Party Service to creative an Account (based on your privacy settings with such Third Party Service).
We obtain personal information from various sources:
b. Personal information we collect automatically: When you see the Services or browse our Products, we collect information about your visit to our Website, your usage of the Service and your web browsing. That information includes your IP address, your operating system, your browsing activity and other information about how you interacted with our Website. We collect this information as a part of log files which are tools provided to us through the platform Squarespace that hosts our Website.
c. Personal information from your use of the Services: We may receive information about how and when you use the Services or purchase Products, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, operating system and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our Services for both you and for all of our users.
d. Web beacons: We use web beacons on our Websites and in our emails. When we send emails to Clients, we track behaviour such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Clients. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. Web beacons will only track your behaviour if you are subscribed to our marketing emails.
e. Information from other sources: We may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: demographic information, device information (such as IP addresses), location, and online behavioural data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, services and experiences.
6. Using your Personal Information
We use the personal information you share with us to:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalise our Services, process payments and respond to your enquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service or product-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contents and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services or Products and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, experiences and promotions of Scarlett Cunningham and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns and projects.
- Advertising. Analyse your interactions with our Services and Products and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you.
- Improving our Services. Analyse and learn about how the Services or Products are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymised or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services and Products.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforce. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g. to protect our Customers from abuse).
- Complying with Law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a specific way. When you consent, you change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your enquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the Scarlett Cunningham label and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To analyse and improve the safety and security of our Services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring Scarlett Cunningham is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse with support of Squarespace.
- To provide and improve the Services, including any personalised Services or Products - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our Customers on a sustained basis.
- To share your personal information with Scarlett Cunningham’s parent company, the Austieng Group to help us provide and improve the Services and Products.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness or our Parent Company who have a legitimate interest in having their sites function properly and securely and analysing the usage of their sites so they can understand trends and improve their Services.
7. Sharing your Personal Information
We share your personal information in the following ways:
- Business partners. We may share information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when accessing our Services or purchasing our Products are integrated with Third Party Services, such as Stripe, Localise and Mailchimp but only when you have been informed or or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor Stripe.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms of Service) or prevent fraud or abuse of Scarlett Cunningham on our Customers. In particular, we may disclose you personal information in respond to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Business transfers. If we’re involved in reorganisation, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
8. Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to us. For that reason we never collect or store any information on our website from those we know are under the age of 16 years old and no part of or website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 16.
9. Protecting your Personal Information
While no service is completely secure, we have a security team dedicated to keeping personal information safe. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls (via Squarespace) to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
10. Data Transfers
Personal information that you submit through accessing our Services or purchasing our Products made be transferred to countries other than where you live, such for example, to our servers in the UK. We also store personal information locally on the devices you use to access our Services or Products.
Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
11. How to Contact Us
Updated May 2018.